It's finally here: Pitch Perfect hits theaters one week early in select theaters! We've been buzzing about the hilarious teen comedy about college a capella groups and it's finally time to get "pitch slapped"! Buzznet's Patty Gopez attended the Pitch Perfect press junket at The London Hotel in Los Angeles and got some juicy behind the scenes facts straight from the stars themselves!
Here are 10 things we learned at the junket:
1. Rebel Wilson’s character’s name “Fat Amy” is based on a nickname writer Kay Cannon’s good friend Amy Poehler once gave herself! When Amy was pregnant, Kay asked her how she was and Amy responded with “I feel like Fat Amy!” which she took and saved for the movie.
2. The hilarious Ester Dean - who had the room laughing the entire time she had with us - revealed that while filming the movie, she got closest with castmates Hana Mae Lee and Rebel Wilson. She also revealed that Rebel is actually quite serious!
3. A scene that didn’t make it to the final cut of the movie was between Beca and Chloe, where they bonded over matching bug tattoos! In the movie Beca (Anna Kendrick) and Chloe (Brittany Snow) both have bug tattoos, but in real life Brittany has a ladybug tattoo, whereas Anna doesn’t have any.
Brittany's ladybug tattoo
4. Rebel was approached by Kay to audition for the role via Facebook message. (Thanks technology!) FYI, Rebel’s audition song for the movie was Lady Gaga’s “Edge of Glory.”
5. Adam DeVine auditioned for his role with the Family Matters theme song!
6. She may be an impressive singer, but Anna Kendrick has never done karaoke in her life.
7. At first Rebel was going to speak in an American accent in the movie, but after director Jason Moore heard her speak in her native Australian accent, he wanted her to use her regular voice. Ever talented, Rebel treated us to some of the accents she can do, including her American one. She can also do some very convincing South African and Russian accents!
Rebel Wilson's knuckle rings
8. Brittany’s go-to karaoke song is Blackstreet’s “No Diggity” – she LOVES it. In the scene where that song is sung, she can probably be seen in the background mouthing along to the rap parts!
9. The scene where Fat Amy gets hit by a burrito was inspired by a real-life event! In college Kay was jogging along the side of the road with her then-boyfriend when a group of guys in a van catapulted a burrito at her.
10. The “vomit” in the movie is made up of pineapple juice, tomato juice, and chicken noodle soup. (Yum?)
Will you be getting "pitch slapped" when Pitch Perfect comes out on the 28th?